- Community Library Upcoming Events (v:T recap)
- CGGC Meets @ Camp Singing Wind Tonight
- Cool & Connected: First 100 Days
- Toledo Senior Center Transition Team To Meet
PSA: Toledo schools closures via Facebook, radio and TV. Download the PDF link on District FB page listing all media outlets including flash alerts.
Toledo Community Library reports:
- We are now officially a 501(c)3 non-profit entity, thanks to help from Lynn Hanson and Joh Jones.
- 2017 Speaker Series kicks off with Washington State Poet Laureate Tod Marshall March 1.
- Bookshelves from Timberland Regional Library are now in place, and will be used to extend the children’s area.
- Youth section now has more space to accommodate a large number of recently donated books.
Calling on all community minded gardening enthusiasts - we request your involvement!
Common Ground Garden Community:Toledo meets 7 PM tonight at Camp Singing Wind Lodge. Our plan is to have a meeting the first Wednesday of each month - mark your calendar.
Tonight’s meeting includes:
•Exploring creative fundraising ideas.
•Spring cleaning and garden prep scheduling.
•Planter box garden designs.
•Toledo's Big Community Meeting presentation in
~ Gary Whiteside CGGC co-chair
Common Ground Garden Community is on Facebook.
Camp Singing Wind is also on Facebook.
Cool & Connected Report - Sheila Richardson @ last week’s vision:Toledo’s A.R.E. meeting laid out the progress and next steps, below:
Cool & Connected - The First 100 Days
Action 3.1: Update and Disseminate Web Information
Action 3.2: Create a Tag Line and Marketing Information
Sheila wants her Action Group to start meeting (this) week. Contact her at email@example.com or call 360-864-2025.
Action 2.2: Attract High-Tech Business to Toledo Paula Burrows is having Richardson Construction do a major facelift on the old "yellow building" on Cowlitz and 3rd.
2017 Calendar of Events - A rough draft is already in hand.
Also @ last week’s v:T A.R.E. meeting - Lewis County Senior Programs Nutrition and Site Leader Coordinator Glenda Forga is heading up the transition team to figure out how to keep the County Senior Centers including Toledo Senior Center running after 12/31/17. The team meets every two weeks. For more info contact her, Glenda.Forga@lewiscountywa.gov or call 360-748-0061.
Today: ToledoTel’s Bingo Daily Numbers link here.
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Everyday Heroes: Envisioned as a local September 11 observation recognizing lesser-known acts of kindness and heroism. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email your news, reviews and events to: email@example.com