- Ballot Deadline Today
- Coach Jim Echtle Praises Toledo Students, Teachers
- Citizens For Great Toledo Schools Meet Tonight
- Calendar Of Events
- Valentines Day Locally Sourced
- Tech Report
PSA: Toledo schools closures via Facebook, radio and TV. Download the PDF link on District FB page listing all media outlets including flash alerts.
*TSD will be in session on all snow make up days on the calendar. Friday, Feb. 17 is our first make up day. Mar. 2 and 3 will also be used. Please share this post.
Native Soil Farm shared: I just saw three robins and the birds are singing. Yea! Time for new growth.
Teacher and Coach Jim Echtle speaks out about students, teachers and schools:
Last spring, I had the honor of being chosen by the class of 2016, to represent the staff at their graduation. My speech highlighted the accomplishments of that class. Much of what I said about the class of 2016, can be said about the classes of 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 that currently walk the halls of Toledo High School. Our students are tremendously successful and deserve community support in the construction of facilities commensurate with that success. The transcript of last year’s speech is below. If there was ever a student body anywhere that has earned the privilege of better facilities, it’s the students of Toledo High School. Please vote “yes” on our school’s bond. Ballots must be postmarked by tomorrow. Time is short. Please support our school. I believe that our kids have earned it.
More on Facebook.
Tonight: Bond Committee Members and other supporters meet 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the library to tally votes and relax following 12 months of hard work. Bring a dish to share, a little something to toast one another, on this special Valentine's Day.
*Bonus! Wednesday’s Sweet Nothings Book & Bake Sale open tonight to attendees. Support schools AND your local library while scoring Valentine's Day goodies.
- Wednesday: Sweet Nothings Book & Bake Sale @ Library.
- Wednesday: LC Senior Center Transition Team @ Winlock
- Wednesday: Lioness Club Meets @ Steamboat Plaza
- Thursday: Planning Commission Meets @ Council Chambers
- Thursday: District Board Meeting @ Middle School Library
- Friday: School Snow Make-Up Day
- Saturday: ASB Breakfast @ Toledo High School
You can still redeem yourself with your Valentine today!
- Gallery 505 RED Exhibit offers unique gifts and cards.
- Morgan Art Centre hosts upcoming classes.
- Steamboat Plaza features gifts, salon service & coffee cards.
- Gateway Pizza, Betty’s Place, Chimi’s & Gee Cee’s get you out of the kitchen.
- MorganOnlineMedia.com can help you launch your business or next book.
- ToledoTel offers cord-cutters favorite Roku free* (one-time installation fee).
- Steamboat Alley pavers immortalize your loved one while Veterans Wall of Honor bricks honor service members. Apps @Timberland Bank.
Still feel like Valentine’s Day is pressuring you? Check out these alternatives from non-traditional to celebrating singleness to indulging oneself to frugal and free.
- Check out 123greetings.com for all your virtual greeting card needs. Free.
- Lifehacker: How To Have A Stress-Free Valentines Day.
- thestreet.com lists last minute Valentines gifts to avoid.
And despite the non-Valentines theme of this link, this post on Top 10 Absolutely Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas includes favors over things, experiences, memberships, donations in your loved one’s name, and more.
Must be the geek in me: How To Build A Computer: The Complete Guide breaks it down step by step. Did I mention my dad built ham radios from scratch? I grew up on schematics.
*Correction* Friday ToledoTel posted on Facebook: Congratulations to Shy-Anne Hill for being our first customer to bring in a winning blackout bingo card and claiming the grand prize of an Amazon Tap. We hope you all had fun playing our Customer Appreciation Bingo.
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Everyday Heroes: Envisioned as a local September 11 observation recognizing lesser-known acts of kindness and heroism. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
Email your news, reviews and events to: firstname.lastname@example.org