- Second Time Around Thrift Store Hitting Their Stride
- School District Snow Make-Up Days March 1 & 2
- Toledo Youth Baseball Babe Ruth Sign Ups Wednesday
- Today: v:T A.R.E., Medic One Meetings
- Wednesday: Page Turners, Paint Night, Toledo Investment Group
- Tech Report: Apple Updates
- Future-Tripping: Feeds, Fundraisers, Fun & More
A Second Time Around Thrift Store benefiting Lewis County Senior Centers features:
This Table, Chairs and Hutch...belongs in your home! $399.00 for the entire set!
Check out all the other new-to-you heirlooms & bargains while supporting the folks who raised your folks.
From Toledo High School:
SPORTS: BBB FEB 28TH VS COLFAX 3:45 IN SPOKANE
- March 1st & 2nd THERE WILL BE SCHOOL FOR SNOW MAKE UP DAYS
- March 5th - 9th The Dental Mobile will be at the Winlock Middle/High School
- March 6th Music Mania '18, concert that will include drama, band and choir. 7:00pm
- March 8th Mr. T Pageant 7:00 THS Commons
Mark Your Calendars: March 19th Evening of Excellence 7:00 THS Commons
Toledo Youth Baseball posted: Babe Ruth sign ups on Wednesday February 28th at 6pm at the batting cages. Trying to get enough kids signed up for 2 teams. Please let me know if you have any questions. No fees are due yet.
Filling the gap: Big Chief Deli & Filipino Food announced - We will be serving Take and Bake Pizza starting Tuesday the 27th.
This video link reminded me not of gardeners, growers, environmentalists or activists - but a worn-out 40yo “greenhouse” in our own neighborhood.
Today: Toledo New Life Community Food Bank 10 a.m. - noon last Tuesday & Wednesday monthly serving our community area of Toledo by sharing the love of Christ through the essential needs we all have.
Visit http://www.toledo-new-life.com or call (360)864-4366.
Tonight: vision:Toledo Arts, Rec & Events meets 6:30 PM at Morgan Arts Center.
vision:TOLEDO ARTS, RECREATION, & EVENTS
AGENDA for Tuesday, February 27, 2018
a. Library -- Pat Caldwell
b. Historical Society -- Don Brenner
c. Common Ground Toledo -- Brian Dennis
d. TES Kid's Garden -- Brooke Acosta
e. Steamboat Alley -- Jamie Cummings
f. Streetscaping -- Mayor Dobosh
a. BIG Community Meeting -- Mike Morgan
a. Connected Identity -- Sheila Richardson
b. Toledo Investment Group -- Jamie Cummings
c. Tourism Board
*Reminder: Last meeting before Toledo’s BIG Community Meeting March 22.
- Health & Hope Medical Outreach open 5:30 - 8:00 PM Tuesdays.
- Lewis County Interlocal (Medic One) Meeting 7 PM (rescheduled due to snow).
- Page Turners Book Group meets 1:30 PM at Toledo Community Library.
- Paint Night 6 PM at Morgan Arts Center
- Toledo Investment Group meets 6:30 PM at Camp Singing Wind
Tech Report: Apple Updates
The Guardian breaking news: Apple to launch 'technology enabled' healthcare service. With more than 120,000 employees, health care is one of the biggest costs; in-house services are a move to reduce expenses and promote worker health.
cultofmac reports: HomePod first-day sales topped all smart speakers (except Echo Dot)
cultofmac names Dashlane its official password manager, saying: With an easy-to-use interface and key features that help you boost your online security, it's a no-brainer for anyone who uses a Mac or an iOS device.
macrumomors offers: Top 10 Apple TV Remote Tips and Tricks
Lifehacker recommends: Upgrade Your Mac With These Accessories
tomsguide explains: 8 Reasons the iPhone X Beats the Galaxy S9
Fortune reveals: Apple's Three New iPhones for 2018: Bigger, Faster, Cheaper
Forbes warns: The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model In Existence
Future-Tripping: Feeds, Fundraisers, Fun & More
For The Future: LC Solid Waste Recycling Coordinator Melanie Case says:
Soil Testing Class coming soon! Pre-register by March 1 (Thursday) to reserve your spot for this popular, free class on March 6.
Plus: Our Lewis County Master Recycler Composter volunteers teach how to fold newspapers into planting pots that can just be transplanted into the ground, because the newspaper will decompose.
Using eggshells is a great idea, too!
Free: 7 PM March 6 at Toledo High School - Music Mania '18 concert that will include drama, band and choir.
More Fun: Toledo High School’s incomparable Mr T Pageant returns 7 PM March 8. Be amazed at the talent, innovation, and sheer hilarity guaranteed to knock the rust off your funny bone.
Fundraiser: Comedy Night Toledo Youth Baseball Fundraiser March 17 At Donna’s Place.
For Teens: Applications are now being accepted for summer Ecology Youth Corps work, and must be received by April 6. Earn $11.50/hour for a 4-week session during either early or late summer session. Details and application online at www.ecology.wa.gov/eyc. Deadline April 6.
Foraging: Washington Dept of Fish & Wildlife announces tentative razor clam digging dates for March & April. The proposed razor clam digs, along with low tides and beaches, begin this weekend:
- March 2, Friday, 6:54 p.m.; -0.8 feet; Mocrocks
- March 3, Saturday, 7:34 p.m.; -0.3 feet; Mocrocks
- March 16, Friday, 7:03 p.m.; +0.2 feet; Copalis, Mocrocks
- March 17, Saturday, 7:36 p.m.; +0.2 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis, Mocrocks
- April 19, Thursday, 9:46 a.m.; -0.9 feet; Mocrocks
- April 20, Friday, 10:37 a.m.; -0.7 feet; Mocrocks
- April 21, Saturday, 11:34 a.m.; -0.4 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks (digging hours will be extended to 1 p.m.)
- April 22, Sunday, 12:38 p.m.; -0.1 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks (digging hours will be extended to 2 p.m.)
Fun: Toledo Senior Center hosts their Fifth Annual Ladies Tea April 8. Tix now on sale $20. Hurry, these sell out fast!
Thanks for your continued support as Lewis County Seniors move into their first year as a self-supporting non-profit entity. Toledo Senior Center aims to keep the lights on with monthly breakfasts, community meals, classes and special events.
Check out their 2018 Calendar of Community Events.
For The Future: TES PTO Kids Garden is looking for garden sponsors, which ensures the continuation and improvement of this awesome program. If your family or business is interested, the form is below.
* Garden Sponsor Form 2017-18.docx
For The Future: Toledo Middle School PTO's posted: If you would like to help support our efforts to bring more laptops to Toledo Middle School please read this and spread the word. You can donate here. Thank you for your support of our kids.
Full details posted in 02.23.2018 Friday Column.
*Atta Girl Award goes out to Don Beck, first generous contributor to this worthy goal.
Finally: Vision:TOLEDO announces Sign up forms for (2018) Cheese Days Parade and vendor booths. Full information about the parade can be found here:
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Email your news, reviews and events to: email@example.com Photos .jpeg or .png format please.
The Other Toledo is on Facebook.