- Temps Rising As Cheese Days Approaches
- Cheese Days Toledo: Legend of Bigfoot Episode 7 - They’re Heeeere!
- Toledo School District: John Ball Named Region 3 Outstanding Educator
- Ethan Siegel: Neutrino Astronomy Result Of Failed Experiment
- Today’s Reminders: Park Board Cancelled, Fire Dept. Letters Deadline
- Today: Cowlitz Prairie Grange Meets
- Future-Tripping: Feeds, Fundraisers, Forms, Fun & More
Congratulations to Allen found a Big Foot Rock!
US National Weather Service forecast: Hot temperatures moving into the area this week with Thursday and Sunday likely being the hottest days.
Cheese Days Toledo Washington announces Episode 7 of 7: They’re Heeeere!
The Legend of Bigfoot is coming to Toledo Cheese Days July 12th - 15th! Bigfoot, Squatchette, and the Squatch Hunters finally converge in Toledo, WA just in time for Toledo Cheese Days!
Lewis County Solid Waste Utility posted: Status report on the free chip pile at the transfer station in Centralia: it's getting smaller!
The gate will be open today through Saturday from 7:30 - 5:30.
Toledo School District lauds:
Region 3 Outstanding Educator of the Year. John Ball receives the award at this year’s Washington Association of Agriculture Educator’s conference. Well-deserved. Congratulations!
Not Strictly Toledo:
- The Chip Guy declared: Warehouse will be open July 11th at 5 pm.
- The Chronicle: Shop N’ Kart Fuller’s Frozen Food Give Away July 11 @ 2 - 6 PM.
- LewisTalk posted - Chehalis Family Medicine will offer free sports physicals on August 10. Call for appointment. Details here.
- Toledo Seniors @ NB Toutle Rest Stop July 9 - 13. Donate packaged cookies* @ Toledo Senior Center.
- Cancelled - Toledo Park Board Meeting July 11.
- Deadline July 11 - Lewis Fire District 2 ISO* Letters of Interest - temporary Fire Commissioner. Requirements: Live within the jurisdiction of Lewis County Fire District 2 (Toledo). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (360)864-2366 #1 for more info.
*No nut varieties, thank you.
Also Today: Cowlitz Prairie Grange 6:30 p.m. meeting is a potluck second Wednesdays, cake-and-ice-cream affair fourth Wednesdays. Getting in gear for the 52nd Gas Show and Threshing Bee August 26-28. Grange Hall at 5180 Jackson Highway. Contact Sandy Bickar, (360)864-2601.
Ethan Siegel, Toledo’s own astrophysicist, wrote on Starts With A Bang:
“The scientific importance of this result cannot be overstated. It marked the birth of neutrino astronomy, just as the first direct detection of gravitational waves from merging black holes marked the birth of gravitational wave astronomy. It was the birth of multi-messenger astronomy, marking the first time that the same object had been observed in both electromagnetic radiation (light) and via another method (neutrinos).
It showed us the potential of using large, underground...See More
Forbes: How A Failed Nuclear Experiment Accidentally Gave Birth To Neutrino Astronomy
EarthSky update: Mars is very bright and red now! It’s rising in the east by mid-evening and – for the rest of the night – shines as brightly as Jupiter (which is more to the west) and more brightly than any star. You’ll also notice Mars' red color.
More about Mars in July, 2018 ... brighter than since 2003: http://bit.ly/1cg15et
Future-Tripping: Feeds, Fundraisers, Fun & More
For The Summer: Seasonal Maintenance Worker 25-30 HRS/WK.
NW Permaculture Convergence ISO* dedicated Publicity/Outreach team lead
NEW! July 12: Toledo Youth Football late sign-ups 5-6:30 PM @ THS football field
July 9 - 13: Toledo Seniors @ NB Toutle Rest Stop
July 12 - 15: Cheese Days Toledo
July 23 - 26: Camp Picasso @ Morgan Arts Centre
July 30 - Aug 3: Children's Theatre Workshop @ Morgan Arts Centre; Friday Show 7 PM
August 10-12: Mt St Helens Bluegrass Festival 34th Annual @ Toledo High School
August 25-26: Cowlitz Prairie Grange 54th Annual Gas Show & Threshing Bee
September 22: Esther Borte’s 3rd Annual Walk in the Park
September 28-30: Camp Singing Wind Hosts 11th Permaculture Convergence
One Last Visit to See My Brother GoFundMe page to reunite Leon Charger with 80yo brother
Toledo Community Library offers free Ukulele lessons Thursdays.
TES PTO Kids Garden ISO* garden sponsors.
Toledo Youth Baseball ISO* Signboard sponsors. Message Brooke Sellards Acosta.
Toledo Middle School PTO supports laptops for students. GoFundMe page.
Steamboat Alley Paver Forms available @ link or downtown businesses.
Toledo Thursday Market PDF vendor forms. $10/week, handmade & homegrown.
Cheese Days Toledo 2018 parade & vendor sign up forms.
Plus: The Legend Of Bigfoot in 7 weekly episodes.
ISO* = In Search Of
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Email your news, reviews and events to: email@example.com Photos .jpeg or .png format please.
The Other Toledo is on Facebook.