Ruben and Friends provided live entertainment yesterday to the exclusive lunch crowd at Toledo’s Senior Center. Fridays, Bingo provides a different kind of take-away.
Reservations required: Nutrition Lunches Wednesday and Friday are sponsored in part by Area Agency on Aging. Menu changes weekly. Suggested donation $3 for those 60+ years of age. Contact Diana, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360)864-2112.
Congrats to Ester Borte for earning the recognition she richly deserves. Vision:Toledo’s Facebook link to Julie Zander’s article in The Chronicle here.
DiscoverLewisCounty interrupts your idyllic summer to bring you this important update: Campfires are prohibited in all State Parks as of right now, according to Washington State Parks & Recreation Commission (link here).
DiscoverLewisCounty Facebook, link here.
Hot enough for you? Trusted source Lifehacker lists some other ways to beat the heat from this year’s Annual 4th of July Survival Guide. List of related articles at the bottom prefaces this reminder to watch out for others - elderly, very young and pets.
What’s the scoop on these motorized gliders?
*Tarnation is my label for the hobby farm just across the river from Toledo. Almost daily I “drag The Girls around Tarnation” to satisfy their need for exercise. Who drags whom is largely a matter of opinion.
Today: Toledo Planning Commission meets 7 p.m. third Thursdays monthly at City Council Chambers. Visit www.toledowa.us/
Mark your calendars:
- Saturday - Fireweed Collaborative: Women of the Woods women-led gathering of feasting, crafting and music at Camp Singing Wind. Link here.
- Sunday - Steamboat Alley Paint-Out 10 a.m. Bring brushes, buckets and rollers, plus green, blue, brown and white paint AND the whole family.
- Tuesday - New Life Church opens their pantry doors to those seeking spiritual and physical bread of life 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. last Tuesday and Wednesdays monthly. Website here.
- Tuesday - vision:Toledo Arts, Rec and Events meets 6:30 p.m. fourth Tuesdays at the MAC. Join Toledo’s movers and shakers. Visit www.morganartscentre.com
- Wednesday - Cowlitz Prairie Grange 6:30 p.m. meeting is a cake-and-ice-cream affair fourth Wednesdays, potluck second Wednesdays. Getting in gear for the 52nd Gas Show and Threshing Bee August 26-28. Grange Hall at 5180 Jackson Highway. Contact Sandy Bickar, (360)864-2601.
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Email your news, reviews and events to: email@example.com