Jack Bruner writes: Your readers will be interested in learning that The Alpaca Ranchers of the Northwest (AROW) is hosting a fun family event for the public. This is the second annual farm days event that AROW has hosted and is held in conjunction with the Alpaca Owners Association National Farm days.
This was a big hit last year where a lot of families had a lot of fun. This year will have even more activities with an emphasis on youth. We feature hands-on interaction with alpacas, information and vendor booths, an alpaca pen sale with lots of paca people around to talk to. Kids will get a chance to feed, harness and lead these amazing critters in an obstacle course.
The event is in Toledo at “Lone Tree Alpaca Ranch”, 140 Carol Lin Drive on Sept. 24 from 10:00 to 5:00. Everything is free including snacks and a door prize.
Currently AROW boasts nearly 20 members including Lone Tree Alpaca Ranch. Lone Tree Alpacas website link here. AROW website link here.
Check out Toledo School’s First Day pics…
...on Facebook here.
September is packed, something for everyone:
- 4th - Steamboat Alley Paint Project 10 a.m. Email here.
- 4th - Toledo Food Share noon. Link here.
- 5th - Camp Singing Wind potluck 2 p.m. Link here.
- 8th - Gallery 505 Opening Night 4-8 p.m. Link here.
- 16th - Full Moon Women Circle 7 p.m. Link here.
- 17th - 17th Annual Cowlitz Pow Wow. Link here.
- 17-18th & 24-25th - ARTrails of SW WA. Link here.
- 24th - ASB Breakfast w/Oly Camero Club. FB link here.
- 24th - Walk in the Park. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24th - Alpaca Ranch Open House. Link here.
- 30th - Benefit Spaghetti Dinner & Auction. V:T link here.
Better fuel up: Steamboat Plaza Facebook link here.
Today: New Life Church opens their pantry doors to those seeking spiritual and physical bread of life 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. last Tuesday and Wednesdays monthly. Website here.
Thursday: Brandi Devine writes: For anyone interested in being a part of putting the John Morgan family auction/spaghetti feed together for September 30, we will be having a brief meeting at Chimi's on Thursday at 6 p.m.
Vision:Toledo Facebook link here.
Check out frequent updates and progress reports on the young Morgan/Owen family following Jake and Helen’s accident August 19, share your prayers and wishes on their GoFundMe campaign page here.
*September 30 Benefit Spaghetti Dinner and Auction. Donations for auction items, contact Brandi Devine, (360)880-7331. Donations of food and supplies for dinner, contact Catrina Mathis, (360)703-1716.
*Riverview Food Mart and Deli (Flying K) also set up a Fuel Fund for the Morgan/Owen family while one member remains hospitalized in Seattle. Contact (360)64-2121.
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Email your news, reviews and events to: email@example.com