EarthSky: NOAA issues 2018-19 winter weather outlook for US
EarthSky shared: NOAA issues 2018-19 Winter Weather Outlook for US
- El Niño has a 70 to 75 percent chance of developing this year.
- Warmer-than-normal conditions are anticipated in the Pacific Northwest.
- Drought conditions likely to improve along the Northwest Coast.
- Snow forecasts are not commonly predictable more than a week in advance.
- Western drought is likely to persist or worsen.
- The next three-month Climate Prediction Center update will be available November 15.
- More at EarthSky.com
Winter Outlook 2018-19 map for precipitation. Image via NOAA.
Check out Latest Earthquakes at USGS.
Check out US Tsunami Warnings at NOAA/Weather.
Visit AirNow.gov for current air quality conditions.
Photos from TOT archives unless otherwise noted.
Email your news, reviews and events to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Other Toledo is on Facebook.