- Weekend Recap: Holiday House
- TES Musical @ High School 6 PM
- THS December Coffee House 7:30 PM
- Presbyterian Church Welcomes New Minister, Hosts Annual Christmas Tea
- Vision:Toledo Arts, Rec & Events Rescheduled
Hundreds of spectators braved the icy wind and rain…
More photos and details at Lewis County Tribune.
PSA: Toledo schools closures via Facebook, radio and TV. Download the PDF link on District FB page listing all media outlets including flash alerts.
Holiday House Review: Exquisite detail, from the traditional delicacies and libations to themed rooms - Scottish, Children’s, Barbie, this Cottage Holiday House embodies Christmas spirit.
May the Gifts of the Season be yours as well.
*"Twas The Night Before Christmas" Facebook link courtesy Kathy and Gary Whiteside
- Who: vision:Toledo Arts, Rec & Events
- What: Monthly Meeting
- When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 20, 2016
- Where: Morgan Arts Centre, 190 Plomondon Road
- Why: Promote Arts, Recreation and Entertainment throughout the Greater Toledo Area.
Mike says: vision:Toledo Arts, Recreation, and Events meetings are usually held on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Due to the Holidays, we have moved December’s meeting to the Tuesday before Christmas, not the 2nd Tuesday as previously stated.
Visit www.morganartscentre.com or call (360)864-4ART for info.
- Who: Toledo Elementary Students
- What: Musical “Jingle Bell Jukebox”
- When: 6 p.m. Monday
- Where: Toledo High School
- Why: (From Mike Stavig) The students of Toledo Elementary School have been working on the musical since September. It includes music and acting, plus some special appearances by some holiday friends. The public is invited!
Toledo High School December Coffee House follows the Musical at 7:30 p.m. featuring Cheese Zombies. Always a crowd-pleaser.
Announcement: (From Judy Bassett) Toledo Presbyterian Church now has a new Minister! His name is Joel Whiteside. He and his wife Carol hail from Kansas City, Mo. They were warmly welcomed by the congregation in late November. They look forward to getting to know Toledo and its residents as they get settled into their home.
- Who: Toledo Presbyterian Women
- What: Annual Christmas Tea
- When: 1 p.m. Tuesday, December 13, 2016
- Where: Presbyterian Church, 312 Augustus, Toledo WA
- Why: Toledo Presbyterian Women will be hosting their Annual Christmas Tea beginning 1:00 p.m. The community is invited to attend. Program, music and refreshments are included.*
When this columnist attended the Christmas Tea a few years back, the music far exceeded expectations. If you appreciate the extraordinary in your own backyard, do not miss this opportunity to welcome the Season.
*There’s a 30% chance of precipitation, and a chance of a special guest appearance for this event.
Today: ToledoTel’s Bingo Daily Number link here.
Reminder: 5 cans/$5 = 1 raffle ticket for 40” Visio HDTV. All proceeds benefit Toledo Food Bank.
Reservations required: Wednesday Toledo Senior Center Nutrition Lunch serves up garlic chicken breast with mashed potatoes and green beans, berry crisp and dinner roll, Friday Shepard’s Pie, zucchini & tomatoes, peaches, chocolate cake & dinner roll. Nutrition Lunches Wednesday and Friday are sponsored in part by Area Agency on Aging. Suggested donation $3 for those 60+ years of age. Contact Diana, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360)864-2112.
Mark your calendar:
- Who: Toledo Senior Center
- What: Special Holiday Dinner
- When: December 17 - doors open 4 p.m., dinner 5 p.m.
- Where: 150 Coal Street
- Why: Food, entertainment with The Classics*, door prizes
- Cost: $10.63/under 60yo ($3 suggested donation/60yo+)
- Plus: $7.00* entertainment
Come & enjoy an evening of good food. Help end the year 2016 with with your friends at the Senior Center.
Door prizes galore.
Dinner funded in part by Area Agency on Aging.
Everyday Heroes: Envisioned as a local September 11 observation recognizing lesser-known acts of kindness and heroism. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
Email your news, reviews and events to: firstname.lastname@example.org